Wednesday, July 14, 2010

1st week of classes

On Monday I had my first class in Costa Rica. I have class from 8-12 each day and then have free time for studying and running errands. So lets see... my school is about a 10 minute walk from my house which means I wake up around 7. Each morning my Mama Tica has a huge plate of food waiting for me. Not like in the states where we eat a yogurt, fruit or cereal, here we eat bread, ham, eggs, rice, beans, fruit, anything you could imagine, in huge quantities. Then I head off for a morning of classes. My teachers name is Johnny and he is from Costa Rica but lived in Florida for a few years. He's pretty awesome.

After school I have been running errands to the bank or the the book store to pick up materials. But, of course, as soon as I get home from school, Mama Tica has once again a huge thing of food. Let me say, I am an eater, but I think I have met my match. It is insane! Enough about food.

Monday night I went and played soccer with a group of Ticos and Americans. They play every Monday and Thursday night for about an hour. It is a lot of fun. I even met a kid who goes to Oregon! The funny thing was, everyone has in their mind that Costa Ricans or Latin American people are really good at soccer, but watching games on the weekends in the park or even playing with them proves that wrong. haha.

Last night I joined the gym and took a Costa Rican Spin class. It was so intense. The instructor turns the lights off and we have disco balls going. It made it a bit more interesting. And as for tonight, me and some of the girls in my program are going to a Zumba class. I have no clue what to expect considering I have never taken a dance class in my life! Wish me luck!

Tomorrow I leave for my first excursion to the beaches of Manuel Antonio. It should be pretty amazing.

Last thing: Here are some photos of my house, neighborhood and Baby Ian.






1 comment:

  1. H[ Emma 'm having dinner with your family and they encouraged me to send you a note. Mom had a really nice dinner and it wasn't chicken, which you seem to be having a lot of. Youlooklike your're adjusting very well to your new environment and I wish you the best. We miss you and looking forwaed to your coming home, See yiuthen. Gram

    ReplyDelete